Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hot Dawgs....Get Yer Hot Dawgs!

Crikey, it's HOT!

The daytime highs have been 94-96 degrees here in the Northeast for the last couple of days and the hounds and humans in this household have been moving at the speed of slugs and I think my brain cells are beginning to bake off.

The girls are allowed outside for 5 minute intervals only for business runs and then right back inside. They've both been giving me looks and barking at me as if to whine, "Mommmm DO something! With your infinite capabilities turn off the heat."
Well, I DID do something. While outside on one their quick trips this afternoon, I filled the garden watering can and gave them both a gentle sprinkle with cool water. After giving me several dagger laden looks for such a heinous assault, I told them they'd thank me in a few minutes.
Be careful what you wish for. :)

No comments:

Handmade Dog Snoods, Apparel & Accessories